i decided to do a post on the perfect travel bag and essentials that i took with me on my last trip to NYC.
when i travel, i never carry anything designer (i.e., CHANEL, Celine...) mainly because i do not want to worry about the bag getting scratched, rained on, stolen? to me, the ideal travel bag must be a few things: 1) crossbody = hands free, 2) durable, 3) lightweight, 4) fit the essentials, 5) zip closure, 6) have compartments. the Tory Burch robinson mini dome satchel in dust storm (taupe grey-ish color) fit the bill on all counts. it measures 9"L x 3.7"W x 7"H; 23" crossbody strap. in addition, the strap is also removable in case i needed to go to an event or anything. i LOVE this bag (and all mini bags in general! they are adorable!). this one in particular has a side zipper and two pockets for your phone or keys on the inside. the top handles also fold down which i really like. lastly, the entire Tory Burch robinson line is made from saffiano leather; which is scratch resistant. this is an older model but i have linked a few similar ones below.
- Tory Burch robinson small multi satchel -- $495 USD. comes in black, tiger's eye (cognac), french grey, and jitney green (which is a BEAUTIFUL fall color). 11"L x 5.25"W x 8"H; 4.5" handle drop, 22". three compartments, two are zip closures and the bag itself is a snap closure (a little downside). saffiano leather, detachable straps, and the handles fold down. sign up for Bloomingdales emails and receive 10% off.
- Michael Kors medium cindy saffiano dome satchel* -- $258 USD. comes in blush, cornflower, black, and navy (my pick!.. if i needed one...) this is the closest dupe to the Tory Burch dome satchel in the picture above, but a little larger at 12"L x 4.5"W x 8.5"H; 6" handle drop, 17" to 19" strap drop. zip closure, saffiano leather, detachable straps, and the the handles fold down.
- Coach nolita satchel in crossgrain leather* in beige/light gold -- on sale for $206.50 USD; regular price $295 USD. this looks like saffiano leather and i really like the shape/design, the finish of the leather on the sides is very streamlined. this color is very close to the TB dust storm. it measures about 11"L x 7"H x 5"W; 22" strap drop. zip closure, detachable straps, and the handles fold down. Coach has definitely stepped up their game in the recent years.
*this is apart of the Bloomingdales friends & family sale so get 25% off by using code "FRIENDS" at checkout. also, shipping to TX is TAX-FREE! details on this sale here.
- mophie powerstation (mini) -- i've mentioned this before in one of my current lemmings, and purchased one for myself (again, i take my recommendations very seriously!) i can't tell you how much i love my mophie! i've used it on a normal day-to-day basis, but it really comes in handy when you travel and outlets are limited (i.e., your traveling groupie be using all of them!). the only thing you have to do is remember to charge it. AND... did i mention that this is a great gift idea!? the mini is good for two FULL charges on my iPhone 5s, and also works on Android.
- Symphonized premium in-ear noise cancelling earphones -- i purchased these for the NYC trip, and the moment i put them in my ears for the flight, i vowed to never go back to the CRAPPY Apple earphones. it's one of those things you discover where you ask yourself, "how have i lived so long without this?!" while my sister was listening to her music at the highest volume, i was listening to mine at one or two notches. i had to put a stop to the feeling of deaf-ness/ears ringing when getting off the plane from listening to high volume audio. these peaked my interest due to price (only $25!, regular price $99) and rave reviews (4.5 stars, 6,500 reviews). the cords are also nylon so they are not easily tangled. i mean, untangling Apple earphones?! ain't nobody got time for that! it also comes in different colored headphones/cords and three different silicone ear tips for a custom fit. I CAN'T RAVE ABOUT THIS MORE. JUST GET IT.
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 -- this was borrowed from my SS (thanks soul sista!). it's a pretty cool camera that has a touchscreen and you can take pictures with different filters like instagram. the downside = no zoom. i will be investing in my own travel camera soon! #moretravelingplease!
health & beauty
- Jack Black intensive therapy lip balm SPF 25 -- my friend introduced me to this and i've come to REALLY LOVE it more than my Kiehl's lip balm (gasp!)! it is much longer lasting and it has SPF 25 (high). like skin, lips are also prone to get freckles too, i know i see one on my lip right now. so SPF is a must for lip balms during the day. purchase a pack of four (one for each purse!?!) and save $5.
- Dior Addict lip glow in sheer pink coral SPF 10 -- this is a great alternative to lip balm for those who want a little tint. this is supposed to, "enhance your natural lip color while moisturizing and protecting the skin." looks extremely natural.
- Emergen-C in pink lemonade flavor (my fave flavor!) -- i'm a germaphobe so i usually take a packet the day before i leave and when i arrive at my destination. i always bring extra packets and for some reason... i come home with none! it's because i'm giving them away to my traveling groupie so they don't get me sick. LOL.
- Eucerin skin calming daily moisturizing creme -- you can get a 1 oz. tube in the travel section at Target (just try to only pick up one item in that section! i dare you!), its small enough to fit in your bag and what's great about this is that you can use it on your hands AND your face (in case it gets super dry or irritated from being in different environments)! it is also unscented and great for sensitive skin!
- Kleenex, Advil, Band-Aids -- these are great items to have for headaches, random cuts/bumps/scratches, blisters?
needless to say, i'm someone you want to travel with! i'm usually prepared for anything/everything.
life is short. travel (and smile) more,