this pleated hem top is one of my favorite recent purchases for a few reasons -- 1) LOOSE!, 2) pleated peplum-ish hem, 3) white-ish, and 4) not too low cut. darn, i should've tried to twirl in it. #missedopportunity haha. here are FIVE simple ways on how i transitioned this outfit from day to night, easy peasy!
- take off that blazer -- show some skin, yea yea!
- tote/handbag to a snazzy clutch -- i choose this spring/summery beaded clutch, but any clutch works.
- flats to heels -- it's all about comfy flats during the day, these do not disappoint. heels elevate (#literally) any look and these MB are my favorite nude heels. so worth the investment.
- watch to statement cuff -- love this minimal understated design on this cuff. OR change out your necklace/earrings to a statement piece, whatever works for your outfit!
- lip balm to lipstick -- i went with my favorite 'my lips but better' lipstick but a bold lip is always a great choice for a night out, #bebold!
also, here i am wearing my ENTIRE Rocksbox that arrived! for those who don't know what Rocksbox is, it is a jewelry subscription box that is curated by your own stylist based on a initial survey you take when signing up. the cool thing is you can leave feedback about each box so it becomes even more tailored to your taste! you also get to purchase the pieces you want to keep at a discount... ok, confession. i ended up buying the turquoise necklace and the ring... lol. use code "jannadoanxoxo" to receive one month free!
currently on my playlist: thinking out loud x i know i'm not the only one mash-up by Sam Tsui & Casey Breves (talk about talent)
top | Banana Republic pleated hem layered tank in cocoon (also available in light blue and navy)
blazer | H&M fitted jacket in powder pink
denim | Hudson nico mid-rise skinny jeans in abbey wash -- similar
shoes | Sam Edelman bev flats in blush & black leather (such a steal and a great CHANEL dupe, and so comfy -- the best part is i will never have to woryy about scuffing them!) / Manolo Blahnik BB pump in nude patent -- similar
bags | Louis Vuitton MM neverfull tote in monogram canvas / Charming Charlie daniella beaded satin clutch (also has a chain to wear as a crossbody; can't find it online but purchased it recently in-store) -- similar
earrings | BaubleBar ear jackets (old) -- similar
necklaces | BaubleBar acrylic block monogram necklace in tortoise shell / House of Harlow 1960 ascension pendant necklace in turquoise via Rocksbox (use code "jannadoanxoxo" to get one month free)
bracelet | SLATE barred cuff in gold via Rocksbox (use code "jannadoanxoxo" to get one month free)
rings | Gorjana candice shimmer ring in gold via Rocksbox (use code "jannadoanxoxo" to get one month free) / BaubleBar tri bar ring (sold out) / BaubleBar diana midi ring / BaubleBar ice chevron midi ring / Etsy stacking & midi rings
sunglasses | ASOS Toyshades ida cat eye sunglasses (a good Celine dupe)
lips | Dior lip reviver lip glow in sheer pink coral / MAC amplified creme lipstick in brick-o-la
nails | Smith & Cult nail polish in doe my dear
rock that day to night transition,