why hellooooo there.
it's been a long time y'all. sorry for the MIA but my BFF got married (whoo hoo!), my laptop fan died, and then life happened. ya know?! recently, my friend Nicole @nicolesometimes introduced me to the world of Anthropologie dresses. i knew if i bought one dress, i would buy another... and let's just say i will be a more frequent visitor to their website, despite the cries from my wallet. what? i can't hear you!!?! i can't help it. Anthropologie just gets me.
a shirtdress is an essential in every wardrobe. this one is no exception, and come on. it has POPSICLES on it. hello perfect summer dress. i mean how can you resist? when it came out a long time ago, i really wanted it but couldn't justify the price tag, then i saw Nicole wear it and was like that's it. URGH. these blogger friends are so expensive (love you!)!! i've worn this dress a few times without washing it (#noshame) and always get a DOZEN compliments on it!
i'll be traveling to Boston, MA / New Market, NH this weekend to see my blogger babe ANNIE @thelovelygirl.co and mastermind behind the @stylecollective_ group of gals. being apart of @stylecollective_ has allowed me to make amazing friendships with gals. as someone who doesn't have many GFs, thanks to Annie, i have tons all over the world!! Annie has become such a friend to me over our random DMs and instagram comments. i am SO excited to meet her in person (shriek!). it's going to be an #epicweekend full of #S&S = #shenanigans & #seafood!
for my blooger gals, click on READ MORE for some takeaways from the rewardStyle #RSSchoolNight i attended last week wearing this same dress lol!
dress | Anthropologie paleta shirtdress -- similar but in linen (and on sale!) / similar with eyelet detail / similar with high low cut
bag | GiGi New York saint germain clutch in tan -- similar but fold over
sunglasses | Celine tilda sunglasses in dark tortoise
shoes | Sam Edelman gigi sandal in saddle -- similar / similar in gladiator lace up
earrings | Kendra Scott sophee textured drop earrings in gold
necklace | BaubleBar ice scallop pendant (old) -- similar
rings | BaubleBar tri bar ring (sold out) / BaubleBar ice chevron midi ring / Gorjana blakey ring cuff/ Etsy stacking & midi rings
watch | Michael Kors darci watch in gold
nails | essie nail polish in watermelon
lips | Tom Ford lip color in casablanca
rock the (popsicle) shirtdress,
for my blogger/insta babes, here are some rewardStyle #RSSchoolNight takeaways:
- mission statement: have one.
- best time to send a newsletter is thur @10AM
- mobile-friendly newletter should include: skimmable, feature exclusive content, include promo codes/sale info, share recent fav blog posts and inspo behind them, a shopping wish list, direct subscribers back to your site, highlight others/interviews, link your social pages, consistent format & style
- have pop-ups on your site at least 60 seconds in so it doesn't look like spam
- have social share buttons
- use editorial calendars to improve your content strategy
- instagram performance apps: piqora, sprout social, iconosquare, simply measured, LIKEtoKNOW.it analytics, social report (all-in-one)
- organization & reminder tools: evernote, wunderlist, trello, remember the milk
- productivity tools: toggl, stayfocused, adobe color cc
- note major holidays/sales
- social optimization (different for everyone): post two LTKit posts a day, collab with others, encourage conversation and feedback, engage indiv with your followers, be PERSONAL!
- photo apps: AfterFocus, adobe photoshop express, faded, VSCO, a color story, snapseed
- social media tools: buffer (schedule social media content), sprout social (offers analytical oversight)
- goal setting apps: nozbe, goals on track, lifetick
- what to include in your media kit: stats (social following, page visits, unique viewers per month, and conversion rate), demographic outreach, flexible rates (social channels + site), partnerships/collabs, press clippings & testimonials, verticals you cover, an a write up of what makes you unique (speak your brand), imagery representative of your brand, keep it simple & sweet
- instagram LTKit captions: BE PERSONAL! ("speak" in your own voice), talk about sizing, add price $, link other options at different price points, styling tips