i am shocked that it's already time for the @Nordstrom anniversary sale! it means this year is RACING BY which is pretty dang crazy if you ask me. i digress.. this sale is all the rage (so bad that the site was down the first day for hours lol!) and what i love about it is the concept. you get to buy FALL items on sale NOW. after a certain date, everything goes back to regular price. and i should add it does seem wrong to be browsing and buying sweaters when its 100F in Texas... but i did see quite a bit of stuff i wouldn't consider fall. either way, what kinda woman doesn't love a good sale/shopping spree? gotta treat yourself sometimes ya know?! my rules for this sale never really change, so if you're new around here i've listed some of them below:
- you aren't really saving that much, maybe 25-30% off, so don't go nuts
- technically, you don't really NEED anything so be conscious of what you're buying. i.e., how many times are you going to wear it? perhaps go for more basic pieces
- if you're unsure, buy now and ask questions later. this sale is huge so everything goes FAST
- regret not doing the above? no worries, Nordstrom is really good at restocking during this sale so keep checking back if you really have to have it!
who | Nordstrom
what | major discounts off fall items and always FREE shipping & returns
when | 07/12/18 - 07/19/18 (early access for Nordstrom cardholders); 07/20/18 - 08/05/18 (for everyone else)
where | shop.nordstrom.com or in-store
this year, i focused on work wear. mainly dresses (surprise!) which seemed to work out because i feel that those items are the strength of the sale; and the jumpsuit selection! i was not too impressed with much else and felt a lot of repeat items from the previous year. below are my picks and i included items i bought myself & items i would buy if i had a sugar daddy. haha. who even reads this?!
my picks after the jump!
currently on my playlist: ocean by Martin Garrix & Khalid
tops & bottoms //
outerwear, accessories, shoes, lingerie //
things i personally bought for myself (who knows what i'll end up keeping!):
- Eliza J fringe hem A-line dress in blush -- great for work, might even be a little too dressy but esp love the high neck, length & fun fringy hem. a tad on the pricey side so not sure if it's gonna be a keeper
- Tahari tie front crepe dress in black -- also comes in other colors and petite sizing. love the tie details and elbow length sleeve. this is my first piece from Tahari and i've always been a fan of their styles
- ASTR the Label belted jumpsuit in navy -- i don't have a navy one and this looked casual and fun!
happy #nsale shopping y'all!,