fragrance is a personal statement.
i love learning more about brands that i personally use myself. Jo Malone is no exception. her line consists of 27 permanent fragrances and each year she comes out with a limited edition collection. Jo Malone fragrances are an accessory that can be #LAYERED and #TAILORED = sign me up.
the luncheon i attended was about The Herb Garden collection, which consists of five limited edition fragrances.
but first, let's talk about how to make fragrances last on us longer shall we? the secret is in prepping the skin!
- EXFOLIATE -- JM geranium & walnut scrub, this smells DIVINE and in a creamy-ish formula. the walnut helps to exfoliate as the geranium is a natural lifter of any fragrance.
- WASH -- why not use some more JM hand and body washes?! yep, they carry them too. just another something to indulge in.
- MOISTURIZE -- and finally, add some JM body creme for the fragrance to "stick" to.
the great thing is, all us ladies have these items in some form or another, so give it a try! it might take a little extra effort, but if it makes your perfume last longer = less perfume usage = more money to buy CHANEL bags. just putting it in perspective for ya.
the inspiration behind The Herb Garden is that it is an experience; an experience of walking into a traditional herb garden. the women are so classy in Europe. this beautiful lady in the photo gardens looking like that. red lips. Hermes scarf, and large oversized sunnies. i mean... this picture makes me and my black thumb want to garden. how's that for advertising?!?! i digress, let's talk about stepping into this experience. disclaimer: i am not a JM rep, so i am unable to tell this story as eloquently as it was told to me!
- Sorrel & Lemon Thyme -- the first scent of The Herb Garden. it's early morning. the sun is rising and you smell the dew as you step into your garden (looking majorly fab). the scent is refreshing and serves as a wake up call. pair it with: Grapefruit.
- Wild Strawberry & Parsley -- as you continue to walk, you are surrounded by all these hidden treasures, then you see a strawberry and go to pick it out of the field of greens it is nestled in. you bite it, it's tart. pair it with: Nectarine Blossom & Honey.
- Nasturtium & Clover -- then you're just standing there lost in the beauty and thoughts of your own garden. this is the number one seller of the collection. pair it with: Peony & Blush Suede.
- Carrot Blossom & Fennel -- then you remember why you are there in the first place? it's all about the complete satisfaction of growing something and for nourishment and beauty. pair it with: Mimosa & Cardamom.
- Lavender & Coriander -– the final scent of The Herb Garden and sold out everywhere. as you leave the journey through scents and sights, lavender bids you a final farewell. pair it with: Amber & Lavender.
i am not really a fan of parsley or carrot. however, each one smelled divine, i was thoroughly surprised!! but i mean, it's by Jo Malone. so you can't go wrong. they were all REFRESHING in a really good way. my favorite from this collection is Nasturtium & Clover. you can also read more about The Herb Garden collection here. i personally use Wild Bluebell (a light floral scent) and love it. Jo Malone also has a fragrance combining section on their website to help with layering your current one! after playing around with it, it seems like a "warmer" combination with Wild Bluebell is Dark Amber & Ginger Lily (a rich cologne intense that smells spicy yet calm & relaxing) that i happen to have on my wish list!! a "fresher" pairing with Wild Bluebell is White Jasmine & Mint.
Jo Malone also carries hand treatments, linen sprays, diffusers, and candles -- all items for those days that you need to #treatyourself. what are some of your favorite Jo Malone items and fragrances?