happy galentine's day!
so listen, i don't know if you know, it's valentine's week. if you've gone to target, you know. everything is red and pink and heart shaped. it's the hallmark day of all holidays. YIPPEEEE! now, if you're single, this is what you do --> you go buy yourself loungewear -- because NOTHING says 'i love myself' like some soft joggers and a loose thermal top. #seriously. feel free to add a disco ball sippy cup for good measure too. jokes aside, you get what i'm sayin'. treat yourself to something because you deserve it! if you find yourself waving the single-awareness flag, wave it proudly and refer to this quote below.
and your journey could a lot bumpier than others, maybe you even get stuck in some muddy patches along the way, but that's life. you gotta trust the process -- that it will lead you to where you need to be in the end. live consciously in this moment, laugh at the confusion, and embrace it because at any moment, it will change. know that you have never missed out on anything that is meant for you, and that the next best thing is just around the corner. you see, there is so much that happens to us that we have very little/no control over. the only thing we have control over is our self -- our emotions & reactions. knowing and understanding this will give you so much peace in any life situation. i promise. not sure where i wanted to go with all that. but i hope you took something away?! i spend a lot of time writing for google, but most of the time i'm writing for myself #selfentertained and to reinforce positivity. we can always use that right?!
besides #selflove it's also about the little things in life too. like how all that valentine's day candy will be on sale at target, so you'll know where to find me come February 15th. :D xx ok, i'm out. see ya next week.
side ramblings: this past week was filled with some fun events! i was able to check out @sonestabeecaveatx at the hill country galleria, their @meridian98lounge has a great view and don't get me started on the bacon wrapped dates... the night ended with a small tour of some shops at the galleria. my favorites were @milkandhoneyspa and @manaculture! the weekend was the grand opening of @theartofshoesaustin in the cutest house were i was able to meet the owner and participate in a DIY shoe accessory workshop. overall, a fun week of socializing!
PS--i had so much FUN writing the last part of this post and hope you'll read the rest!
>>MY DATING TIPS/TIDBITS CLICK the READ MORE button!
currently on my playlist: bad at love by Halsey
why am i single? well, it's because i haven't met my EQUAL, i wouldn't let anyone into my life unless they were AWESOME. the single journey for me has been quite interesting. a recent article came out describing Austin men as the WORST when it comes to dating (so glad i bought a house here!). i've learned SO MUCH along the way. i mean geezus to be able to talk to a complete stranger takes major skill. deciphering text messages, picking up on when you're about to ghosted or breadcrumb-ed or whatever the new term is should be resume skills at this point. the internet, social media, online dating, and having access to people 24/7 have made us a REALLY. SAD. BUNCH. who lack human decency. the standard is set SO LOW. how low? i mean i'm shocked when someone actually messages me back! here are my tips/tidbits whether you're a man or woman when it comes to dating (because let's face it, i'm better with bullet points):
- trust your intuition/gut, it's usually 99% correct (head > heart)
- when someone shows you who they really are, believe them
- actions > words
- consistency is KEY
- vulnerability is strength and in the right hands this is the best gift you can give someone
- exemplify human decency = treat others the way you want to be treated (golden rule, duh, sad i even have to type it)
- be direct & use raw/honest communication
- HAVE FUN! expect nothing but be prepared to be pleasantly surprised
- silence actually speaks volumes. no answer is an answer. SOOOO ironic isn't it?
- when it comes to online dating, you probably have one shot to win someone over so bring your A game = best version of you, this shouldn't be hard for you!
- ghosting? breadcrumbing? zombies? = ain't nobody got time for that
- when you start blaming yourself, STOP IMMEDIATELY because...
- it's really hard to mess up the right thing (if there is anything you take away, THIS IS IT!)
- when it's right, it should feel easy
- good things TAKE TIME
- stop making excuses for other people
- stop thinking about what you feel and remember what you deserve
- a good man will never keep you waiting by the phone no matter how busy they are. think about how much time it takes to send a text. literally NO TIME. and trust me, if you haven't heard from him, i'm 120% sure his fingers haven't fallen off
- if he likes you, he will squeeze out any ounce of time to see you, even if it's just 15 minutes to see your face! TRUST ME
- never underestimate the power of SPACE. space allows someone to miss you, to yearn for you. THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT
- until you're exclusive, date like men = HAVE OPTIONS because 95% of men will fall off the face of the earth (and bc they're doing the same thing to you)
- texting less actually creates more excitement when you meet in person
- men respond to distance. not words. so stop trying to explain yourself!
- what you chase runs away. never chase ANYONE
- know that not everyone is going to like you (even though you're a bad ass) and you're not going to like everyone. attraction is not a choice
- master EMPATHY
- don't let some bad experiences harden your heart
- rejection teaches you what's not meant for you
- don't let dating or a man be everything in your life. do things you love, hang out with people who make you feel good. for me, it's about working out, blogging, hanging out with my GFs and family, going to events, photography, making a list of next eateries to hit up, working on my house. your life and happiness come first
- at the end of the day, it's about being genuine in every interaction. be compassionate. be the change you want to see in the world. seems futile but i believe that change starts with YOU
- have the strength to walk away (with dignity) and the patience to wait for what you deserve. AND this is why you should work on your backside, so that you LOOK GOOD WALKING AWAY. just sayin'
top | Urban Outfitters out from under jojo oversized thermal top in green -- similar and $28 // similar
bottom | Urban Outfitters out from under brushed shorts in grey
top | Urban Outfitters out from under maya relaxed thermal hoodie in dark purple -- similar but no hoodie
bottom | Urban Outfitters out from under don't wait cozy fleece joggers in grey -- similar and one of my FAVE joggers from Athleta
necklace | Anthropologie monogram pendant necklace
rings | Amanda Deer c/o CZ solitaire ring // Amanda Deer c/o CZ accents midi ring
photo credit: Brandon Hill