can't get enough of these New York photos!
finally winding down from the weekend/housework and finding some time to regroup and gather my thoughts for this post. i wanted to cover some things i learned in terms of dress for NYFW. as mentioned in my part 1 post, i didn't have much time to pack or plan. AND i actually checked in a luggage for the FIRST TIME EVA. haha. i usually travel pretty light but this time it was actually nice to have that extra space -- this could become a thing now hrmmm..
tips on packing for NYFW //
- mix old + new -- this is a great way to brush off some older items in your closet and restyle it! here i used a work pencil skirt to style with this really fun asymmetric top that shows a little skin, oh and it's a designer dupe at a $16 steal! usually when you wear something entirely new, chances are someone else will be wearing it. not that there isn't anything wrong with twinning.
- dress for comfort -- while i'm a huge fan of fashion i went with more basic & comfortable items because i knew it was going to be long hours and lots of walking. i even wore a tee-shirt dress. haha, featured in part 3 #comingsoon.
- bring comfortable shoes (or bring lots of shoe options!!) -- even bringing tennis shoes or extra shoes with you to change into is a HUGE must. i found that no matter what you wear, after hours your feet will start to hurt! pack chunky heels, platforms, tennis shoes, flats, wedges but no stiletto heels!! PRO TIP: DO NOT. i repeat DO NOT bring new shoes that you have never worn. ever. your feet will thank me.
- pick versatile outfits -- meaning pick outfits that go with multiple shoes. in real time, i actually wore this outfit with booties because by day 2 my feet were already killing me!! or dresses that also go with sneakers!
- go for statement layering pieces -- this i'll prob try to do this next time. but i think layering pieces are good to add such as a leather jacket, a hat, a statement bag or necklace esp over more basic pieces.
- grab a good bag -- i do not mean little box bags like the one i'm wearing here (hello, that was just for pictures lol) but something that actually fits a good amount of stuff because YOU WILL NEED IT! i brought my Gucci Marmont with me and it went with everything and fit just the right amount of items. also, a crossbody is MOST useful. the last thing you want it do is bring a bag that ties up one hand. #handsfreealltheway.
- lastly, wear whatever you feel is YOU -- this is the most important tip. style and fashion changes from one person to another. and just because it's fashion week doesn't mean that you need to show up in the most outrageous attention grabbing outfit. be yourself. that's what my mom always says. ;D
stay tuned for part 3. the last, i promise! xx
PSA -- @baublebar is having their friends & family SALE! use code "BIGONE" for 25% off your purchase, good until 9/27/17! a few of my picks that i own and wear myself: firecracker ear jackets // champagne ear jackets // acrylic block monogram necklace // criselda ball drop earrings // gem pinata tassel earrings // vivian tassel earrings // gold mary links bracelet
currently on my playlist: titanium by David Guetta ft. Sia
day 2 // September 9, 2017
started off the morning all fancy with a lunch tea time at @laduree #pinkiesup. it was such an instagram-worthy spot and so fancy. my girl @fashionablyfitjess was my PIC that day and we spent much of it waiting in lines... bah. after tea time we headed to the @rebeccaminkoff event to find a massive line.. i think we waited in it for a good 45 mins before having to leave for the @bananarepublic public presentation at the flatiron location. as we were dropped off by the taxi, PETA protesters took the stage and it was a big mess. again, jess and i waited in line to see @oliviapalermo but unfortunately, and yet again, the line was so long that by the time we got close-ish to the front, Olivia had already left. WHOMP WHOMP. jess and i decided to drown our sorrows in... @eatlyflatiron!! haha, nothing like good italian food! i walked jess to @grandcentralstation (my first time being there) where she left me to go solo for the rest of the trip. haha, still love you jess!
the evening ended up on a better note; thank goodness. #sodonewithlines. i checked out the @lulus party which was such a huge hit!! they gifted some outfits which were super cute, nibbled on some amazing food and drinks before heading to the @rewardstyle rooftop party. i was really looking forward to this one because a lot of my instagram friends were going and FINALLY I GOT TO MEET THEM IN REAL LIFE! there was a ton of shrieking (which is so not me), lots of hugging and picture taking. it felt amazing to see the personalities come to life. just to finally meet in real life after following & supporting each other for such a long time!! my girls: @pinterestingplans // @interiordesignerella // @courtneerodgers // @toreystreasures // @laminlouboutins // @lifelutzurious
oh... and i met my blogger idol, @wendyslookbook who has always been an inspiration to me from WAYYY back in the day before i even started this site!
day 3 // September 10, 2017
my friend @stylebeacon had a plus one to a show and of course, i said YES! that morning we hit up @ninatiarinyc and it was a small show but MY FIRST real NEW YORK FASHION SHOW, so thank you michelle! nina has some very pretty designs and i loved all the pattern play. michelle, being the busy boss babe she is had a booked day of shows, i split up with her and finally did some exploring walking all down 5th avenue. i must have walked ... maybe 50 blocks?! haha, i got my bubble tea and dumplings fill. michelle and i finished the night with some sushi & sake!
day 4 & 5 in part 3 coming soon. xx
top | Shein striped asymmetric open shoulder ruffle detail top in black stripe (only $16!) -- similar // similar by AQUA
skirt | H&M pencil skirt (old) -- similar // similar with a split // similar made from scuba material!
shoes | Target Merona marcella low block heel ankle strap sandals in black with a gold heel (sold out) -- solid color heel and avail in three colors // same but with a higher heel // similar from Ann Taylor // similar with a lace up detail
bag | DVF lytton clutch in black quilted leather (old) -- similar
earrings c/o | BaubleBar concordia crispin ball drop earrings (on sale) -- similar // similar but longer
necklace | Anthropologie monogram pendant necklace -- similar
rings | Gorjana c/o shimmer stacking ring set // Gorjana amara ring set // Gorjana mini stackable ring set // Etsy stacking & midi rings // Gorjana candice CZ ring // BaubleBar ice chevron midi ring -- similar // BaubleBar tri bar ring (old) -- similar // Cassandra Collections c/o mini ring
watch | Michael Kors darci watch in gold
rock the asymmetric look,
photo credit: Angie Garcia
teatime @laduree with @fashionablyfitjess // @lulus party // Austin blogger @jesskatt123
fan girling over @wendyslookbook // @courtneerodgers @pinterestingplans @stylebeacon // always so fab @laminlouboutins
@pepperedinstyle @toreystreasures // mama-to-be @lifelutzurious // the mini skirt queen @interiordesignerella